Spaying and neutering prevents unwanted or unexpected litters, reducing the number of animals that end up in shelters. By choosing to spay or neuter your pet, you are ensuring the health and safety of not only your pet, but the safety of other animals in your community.
Benefits for female pets include:
- The elimination of estrus, otherwise known as the heat cycle.
- Decreases chance of developing mammary cancer if spayed before their first heat cycle.
- Eliminates unexpected puppies and kittens.
- Eliminates risk of uterine infections known as Pyometras.
- Eliminates the chance of cystic ovaries.
Benefits for male pets include:
- Decreases desire to roam the neighborhood.
- Decreases aggression and territorialism.
- Decreases chances of prostate cancer.
- Eliminates chances of testicular cancer
- Prevents foul odor of urine in male cats.
- Prevents spraying and urine marking associated with an intact male.
If you are in the process of deciding when to spay or neuter your pet, please contact us today to discuss the procedure with one of our trained staff members.