At The Bluffs Pet Clinic, we are serious about early detection of disease. We have a state-of-the-art laboratory right in our hospital so that we have access to most any testing your pet may require with immediate results, allowing us to quickly begin your pet’s treatment plan.
Our in-house laboratory is staffed by skilled, trained technicians providing:
- Complete blood analysis by our state-of-the-art blood analyzer
- Fecal analysis for parasites by flotation
- Screening tests for Canine Parvovirus, and Feline Leukemia and FIV viruses
- Cytology examination of ear, skin, urine and blood specimens
- Fungal cultures for possible ringworm
- Heartworm testing
- Screening tests for tick diseases such as Lyme, Ehrlichia and Anaplasmosis
If we need to utilize outside laboratories, we rely on the most advanced technology available in our efforts to make a diagnosis of your pet’s condition quickly and accurately.
- Our patients’ specimens are picked up daily by a reference laboratory capable of running a wide variety of blood, urine, stool, microbiology and pathology testing.
- Results from many tests are available within 72 hours.
- For tests that aren’t available commercially yet, our reference lab collaborates with the most advanced university laboratories