Your pets love summer. They are out more often enjoying the weather. However, this increases the chances your pet may go exploring—without you. But you can take precautions that will help find your pet–microchips.
Microchip implants do more than identify pets. A microchip is a tiny chip inserted just under the skin, between your pet’s shoulders. Once inserted, a veterinary clinic or animal shelter may use a Universal Scanner to retrieve the number on the chip. Home Again Microchips provide a link to get your pet back to you and assist with medical care if they have become injured while away.
All registered pets have the lost pet ID benefit as well as those benefits indicated below for the first year. The lost pet ID benefit is available for as long as you own your pet. In the event your lost pet’s microchip is identified, you will be contacted. To continue to provide the additional“lost pet” program benefits indicated below, you will need to pay the modest annual fee of $19.99 to Home Again beginning your second year. The benefits are significant and include:
- 24/7 on-call support with trained Lost Pet Specialists
- A nationwide network of over 1,000,000 volunteer PetRescuers
- A National Pet Recovery Database that assures their contact information remains current
- Lost Pet Medical Insurance that provides up to $3,000 worth of coverage* should dogs and cats become sick or injured while lost
- Travel Assistance that covers the cost of flying a lost dog or cat home, up to $500, when found more than 500 miles away
- 24/7 Emergency Medical Hotline that provides access to a licensed ASPCA veterinarian when pets are sick or injured while traveling or when your clinic is closed. (The usual cost for this service alone is $65.00 per incident and if follow up is needed, consultation is provided to your veterinarian.)
The Bluffs Pet Clinic veterinarians and staff are always eager to assist pets and their owners. To help keep your pet safe, call us today at 651-388-1103 to have a chip implanted in your pet.